Saturday, December 1, 2007

Unforgettable Scenes

Some scenes become ingrained in our minds once we see them. These could be because of extreme beauty, shock or maybe you saw at the right place at the right time.


1. Ratatouille - Upon getting a taste of the simple ratatouille, the food critic suddenly remembers (using a very effective zoom out and zoom in) his mother's cooking that used to cheer him up when he was a kid.


2. Apocalypse Now - The attack on a coastal village by U.S. armies using helicopters with loud speakers booming The Ride of the Valkyries. A very effective physical and psychological tactic to intimidate the enemies.


3. Trainspotting - After taking drugs, a group of drug addicts passed out for a few days. After a few days of being knocked out, the group discovers the dead and gruesome greenish looking baby (of one of them) who died of hunger.


4. 2001: A Space Odyssey - A lot of beautiful images, the moon and the planets aligning with the monolith, the psychedelic mind journey to becoming a starchild and other simply amazing images.

5. Beaches - Bette Midler singing "The Glory of Love(?)" with the orphaned child of her bestfried.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of my unfinished blogs. Still unfinished.

I was going to end it with a reflection on how I hope my life or episodes of my life would be remembered and never forgotten by people in my life.

But I figured, what's the use? I started writing and intended to write this blog simply about unforgettable movie scenes. Why relate it to my life? Why make something out of just simple words. Too self-absorbed. Too pretentious.

Some things are better as they are. No pretense.

No comments: