Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Not so Happy New Year

Another year. Another suitcase in another hall.

Well, not really. It's another year but I'm not yet in another hall (or workplace, that is).

I'm still slaving away here in my old old old work. Doing the same thing. Or supposed to be doing the same things (plus a little bit more) but not finding the drive or willingness to do these same things.

I need to have change in my life. It's time for a cool change. I know that it's time for a cool change.

New year. But nothing much is new with my life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last December 30, our whole family (plus some) went to Manila from our hometown. My brother, father, mother, nephew and I riding in my brother's new car (which, hopefully will become mine when he leaves) and my sister, sister-in-law, two nephews, niece, my sister-in-law's brother and sister, their house helper and my cousin's granddaughter riding in the Fortuner.

The Fortuner (which my sister drove) swerved in the highway twice and hit a roadside metal fence. My sister-in-law was rattled. But no harm done, except for damage on the front (near the bumper) in the passenger seat side and the door to the passenger side was blocked and cannot be opened.

We spent the new year in Luneta (near the grandstand) waiting for the grand fireworks which never came.

I went home after the celebration to my apartment in Makati.

On New Year's Day, I went to Quiapo to buy some DVDs but most of the stores were closed. I did, however, manage to buy some DVD boxes.

I no longer joined my family on their trip to Mall of Asia.

My father and mother went to my apartment after the malling and brought me some not-so-good food from the grille where they ate.

Upon entering the door, my mother said that the Fortuner had an accident again. This time hitting (or being hit) an owner-type jeepney. The damage, they say, is on the front of the driver's side. The Fortuner now has damage and scratches on the left and right front sides.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost didn't go to work since I didn't want to see my managers. I still have a lot of backlogs to do.

Despite all misgivings, I did manage to go to work. And what do you know? They're still on vacation leave.

I managed to get some work done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far that is how my new year goes.

To all those who are having a better start for the year:

Have a happy and prosperous new year!

To people like me whose start of the year could get better:

Let's accept what's happening and hope that the year turns out for the better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

to the start of a hell-of-a-year, cheers!