Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Yesterday, we finally had the results of the annual physical exam taken last April 28.

Blood count: ok
Urine analysis: needs further test for UTI (hmmm, must be because of too much softdrinks)
Stool analysis: none (didn't bring a sample kasi)
Chest x-ray: ok
BMI: overweight (it's 28 which is more than the 25 maximum for men)

In celebration of having clear lungs, I smoked a cigarette.

* * * * *

I remember when I was in grade 4, our teacher was discussing parity rights (during period of reconstruction after WWII) and Pilipino Muna. Then she asked which we prefer. Understandably, almost all of my classmates answered Pilipino Muna. I kept silent thinking that to childish minds, Pilipino Muna is definitely the better policy (which maybe true). But they hadn't thought of the different contexts in which these two policies were brought about. What a precocious child I was!

* * * * *

About a month since I had my first session for root canal, my dentist called me because I haven't been back for a long time. I went there this afternoon. More drilling, x-ray, scraping, injecting fluids and putting temporary cement on my tooth. Monday will be the last session and she'll close up that tooth for good.

* * * * *

When I was in grade one, we were given our report cards for our parents to sign. I would always give it to my mother since my father's signature is "madumi" while my mother's signature is neat. Looking at my signature now (which evolved through time and which is made shorter and more "pangit" by having to sign checks), I realize my father's signature is much better to look at.

* * * * *

A highschool classmate is engaged to be married. Who would have thought that he'll be marrying. Back then, he was outwardly the gayest of our class.

(Even back then, his girl friends say he isn't gay. Maybe it's true after all).

No comments: