Monday, January 12, 2009

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Last night was a productive night for me, in terms of outside work, that is. I managed to watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona, cooked siomai (or what is in intention a siomai) and watch Burn After Reading.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona is a film by Woody Allen (the first and only film of Allen that I watched) set in Barcelona and surrounding locales and starring Scarlett Johansson, Rebecca Hall, Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz.

The film is about two friends who went to Barcelona for the summer. They meet a painter, the engaged girl has sex with him one night and the other lives with him for most of the summer, until his wife came and lives with them.

I didn't get to focus on the film since while watching the film, I was also cooking the aforementioned intentioned-siomai (peeling, grating, mixing, wrapping and steaming). I found the film so-and-so, definitely above average but nothing special about it. Penelope Cruz is, as usual, gorgeous.

I guess the film boils down to when people travel to other unfamiliar places, they get to do things that otherwise they wouldn't have done, crazy things even, like having a sex with someone even though you're engaged or having an unusual three-way relationship with a guy and his ex-wife. Maybe I should travel to take out the monotony of my life. As they say, travel is a great investment. A few months savings and I could probably go to Vietnam or Thailand or other SE Asian countries. Europe may come later.

No comments: