Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Always Be My Baby

Here is a very simple blog that I found rather funny:

* * * * * * * * * *
Always Be My Baby

... by david cook has been unoffically made the theme song for those so-called closeted queers who wish to present themselves as straight and masculine but still retaining the diva-ness of the song, singing in a baritone or on a low tone (hell i don't sing professionally so i use the words freely), straight up with ladies swooning over the sexiness of the voice but the perfomer with his eyes closed imagining himself swinging on a rubber tire tied up to a branch of a tree hanging over the river, just like in the video.

* * * * * * * * * *

When I first heard the song on American Idol, I didn't like it. It was so simple and I thought that David Cook's rendition was a little to flat. But as the song gets played over and over again on the radio, in my officemates' laptops, etc., I am liking it more on more. It grows on me, as I'm sure it does too in other people.

And when I think of the song "Always Be My Baby", Mariah's vocal sighing (or as some people say, "puro halinghing") no longer comes to mind.

No comments: