Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Week Reflections

Today is Maundy Thursday. I just turned 28 and realized while typing the first sentence that I do not know what "Maundy" means. So I used the Ctrl+Alt+W to open wordweb. I then got this definition:

Maundy - (United Kingdom) a public ceremony on Maundy Thursday when the monarch distributes Maundy money.

After this useless attempt to find out what maundy means, I googled it and came across the wikipedia page for Maundy Thursday. It explains that the term maundy comes from latin "mandatum" which means commandments and that the Pope actually uses "Holy Thursday" or "Great and Holy Thursday", instead of "Maundy Thursday".

After all these searching on what Maundy means, I realized that today is actually Friday and not Thursday!

++++++++++++++

Oh well, Holy Week spending with my family here in Quezon. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I rarely go here, so Holy Week is one the few times of the year that I have to go home, or lack enough excuses on not going home. It's not because I don't like spending time here, it's just that I don't have a personal space here. I don't have my own room, don't have my own bed and with four kids running around, I don't get my peace. It's a big deal considering that I live alone in an apartment in Makati.

++++++++++++++

Just this week, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was too lazy to do any work done, and instead began reading blogs. I started with the usual blogs that I read then click the list of blogs on their side bar. Then on and on, it's like networking for blogs.
While doing this blognetworking, I realized that there are lots and lots of blogs here in the Philippines that are written by PLU. And each has his own story or stories to tell, nevermind that some of them have their sex stories to tell, in such detail, some even with pictures.

On realizing this, I begin to think that what I am writing in my blog can be considered utter nonsense (a drop of water in a big pond), especially compared with what others post. I don't have enough experience of falling in and out of love. I do however, have made some people fall in and out of love with me. But then it's their story to tell.

I have a dozen or a baker's dozen worth of sexual partners (in varying degrees from just kissing and heavy petting to hardcore sex) but I'm not one to kiss and tell. I don't feel good telling the juicy details of what happened with each and everyone of my sex partners, especially since most of my previous sex partners are still friends (good friends or friends who I haven't communicated with for some time).

Well, this blog is an expression of what I feel like writing and not necessarily written to detail my exploits. This blog is for me. This blog is not for others.

No comments: