Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Weekend

This weekend is somehow different from previous weekends. The boyfriend went to Rizal, hence we did not see each other.

I asked my high school friends to go out on Saturday and spend the night in my house. We went to Mall of Asia and I treated them to Coffee Bean and iMax. It was my first time to watch a movie in iMax (it was showing Monsters vs. Aliens) and I was amazed!. The movie is just so-so as expected from Dreamworks but it was the 3D effects that wowed me. Amazing. It looks like everything is three-dimensional so when the planets, asteriods and space ships were shown, it looks like they're really floating. And the flying leaves and hurtling asteriods made my wince as it feels like they're about to hit my face.

Then Saturday night we just spent watching Meet the Spartans (a movie that I've already watched and doesn't recommend since I think it's corny but they wanted to watch). It's more fun to watch a movie with friends. The jokes, albeit corny, seems funnier when there are others watching with you.

My friends left early Sunday morning and I spent most of Sunday drifting in and out of sleep (I'm not accustomed to sleeping with others on my bed). I went to SM hardware and bought an aircon filter and an extension that will work with a 1900W aircon unit (I bought an extension power chord with 2500W for Php749.75 - too expensive). Then I bought some more of those orange square-ish Melaware plates from SM department store.

I finally got the aircon to work properly with the new filter and an extension chord that doesn't overheat. I realized just how humid the weather is when I needed to throw away the accumulated water in the unit. In just 4 to 5 hours use of the unit, the water container is already full of about 2 liters of water. No wonder I feel really uncomfortable in this weather.

I rearranged some stuff at home so now I have a sort of coffee table with square ottomans on each side. I really want to buy a house or a condo so I can start doing some interior design work ala-Lifestyle network.

Oh well, that's it. Hoping for a good workweek and an exciting weekend.

No comments: